So, as it is like 40 something degrees outside right now, I can hardly believe that Spring begins next Wednesday!!! Whether the temp says it or not, Spring is coming...and we will laugh at our silly griping selves when it is 99 degrees in 2 months :).
Here in the south, it is warm one day and then cold the very next (at least in Arkansas), so it is hard to dress right now. BUT, as I always preach to my crew and pretty much anyone else who will listen, once March 20th is here, it's time to retire the big winter clothes and start embracing Spring!
So, as much as we would like to live in Uggs and big sweaters all year, it's time to start planning a new uniform :) and dressing for the season. Here are my tips for dressing for the Spring season, without freezing on the cold days and still looking very "mama chic" :)...
1. Roll up those skinnies!! First thing you can do to transition your current wardrobe is start rolling up your jeans! Whether you are wearing flats, chucks, or booties (put away the tall boots), your outfit will have a "Springier" feel with your jeans rolled up. Even if you are wearing a long sleeve top, roll up those pants to lighten up your look.
2. Invest in some cute flats. I have talked about cute flats before because these also work for Fall too. Having a good pairs of brown, black, and metallic are good investments that you will wear at least two seasons a year. Make sure they are comfy because you won't be wearing socks and nobody has time for blisters! If you really want to have some fun, get a fun color like dark purple, reddish orange, or yellow! They go with way more than you think and are a great addition to a plain outfit!
3. Start picking up lightweight scarves! Now, we all know that a scarf is the easiest way to add color to a bland outfit year round, but right now they are great to wear. Every where you look right now, you can find thin, colorful scarves that won't be too hot, but will make a plain shirt look better. Put away your warm, thicker scarves for next year. Its time to wear lighter weight!!
4. Thin or sheer button down blouses are big right now! They are light, but very chic. You can add a fab necklace or scarf, or throw a cardi over if it is cooler. Pick up a white or cream one, black and a fun color. Mint, coral, light pink or lavender (like the one Tara posted about recently!) all look great with denim! I have picked up many of these and a bunch of camis to wear underneath and plan to wear them a TON this Spring!! If you have issues like me with the bust area and keeping them buttoned, check out the F21 plus section, they have many options!!! Grab sleeveless ones too because you can wear cardis or denim jackets over them now and wear the heck out of them this summer.
5. PIKO PIKO PIKO! You have been living under a rock or at least away from social media if you have not heard about the angel shirts called Piko tops!!! Tons of pretty colors are coming out right now for Spring and I LOVE THEM!!! They are perfect to wear right now with rolled up jeans and a scarf. They are super comfy and pretty much we all can wear them!! Not going to lie, I wear a piko top more than once a week :).
Here are some fun examples:
Scarves from Old Navy and Gap, Button downs from Old Navy, Pikos from Savoir Faire and the citrine (greenish yellow) one is from Masons.
Email or leave comments with questions!! firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Spring Strutters!!!!